Patrick Lavon Mahomes II, born in 1995, is a Kansas City Chiefs quarterback. Just like his father, Pat Mahomes, he played baseball until his post-sophomore year, when he switched to football, at Texas Tech University. His parents were Pat Mahomes, a Major League Baseball pitcher, and Randi Mahomes. He schooled at Whitehouse High School in Texas. Between 2013 and 2014, he was named the Male Athlete of the Year, on Maxpreps. Even after Texas Tech University, he continued making waves, with analysts projecting him as first round pick. He joined the Kansas City Chiefs in 2017, and became the first quarterback selected in the first round since Todd Blackledge. In July 2017, Mahomes got a $16.42 million deal from the Kansas City Chiefs. On his first game, he dominated and led his team to a 27-24 win, with 23 passes out of 35. Interested in knowing hisbeliefs, values and hobbies? Continue reading:
- The first NFL player with an over 3,000 yards throw in his first ten games
- Highest number of touchdown passesin first three career games
- Highest number of touchdown passes in first two games of a season
- Highest number of touchdown passes in first three games of a season
- Highest number of touchdown passes in first eight career games
- Highest number of touchdown passes in first ten games of season
- Youngest quarterback with six touchdowns in one game
- Highest number consecutive 300-plus passing yard games
- The fastest player to 4,000 passing yards and over 40 touchdown passes
- The youngest quarterback with 50 touchdown throws in a season
- The youngest quarterback with 5,000 yards throws in a season
- Highest number of touchdown passes in one game
- Highest number of touchdown passes in one season
- Highest number of passing yards in one season: 5,097 (2018)
Patrick Mahomes is a staunch Christian, and has the backing of his mother, who always encourages him to thank God for his blessings and rely on his faith. Once, when he lost a match, he almost quit football after losing a quarterback battle, but his mother asked him to pray on it.
Mahomes is very discreet about his political views.
Patrick Mahomes is not yet married, but he’s dating his High School love Britanny Matthews. They met at White House High School and they have been dating since then. Not even a change of schools and distance separated them. Brittany usually attends his games, during which she cheers him.
Mahomes is the third player in NFL history to contribute 50 touchdown passes in one season.
His girlfriend is a former athlete, as she once played soccer.
Apart from football, he loves golf.
He has always loved ketchup for as long as he can remember. He always falls for the thick, rich flavour in Hunt’s ketchup.
Keywords: athlete, NFL, football, quarterback, touchdown, game, season