From Europe to Africa and the Pacific Ocean, that’s how massive Asia is. The largest continent in the world. Isn’t that impressive? It’s actually 44 579 000 square kilometers with a population of more than 4.1 billion.
It’s easy to say that Asia’s population is larger that the rest of the world combined together. Asia represents over 30% of the world’s total land area, although there are grasslands, temperate forest, taigas, and desserts. Asia has the most various landscape compared to other continents.
We can easily establish that Asia is the largest continent that exists. Yes, you read that right. It is a real pride to be a citizen of this continent. There are many hypotheses about the name “Asia” but it appears to be one of the most ancient names. The name is as old as the continent itself. This continent is divided into 48 countries, and two of them have part of their land in Europe too (Russia and Turkey).
The climatic situation is extremely different, from arctic in Siberia to tropical in India. Asia is a household of many languages and dialects, with over a billion speakers. As far as religion goes, there are a huge number of religions in Asia including Christianity, Islam, Judaism and many others.
Let’s list some essential, important and interesting facts about this continent:
– Asia is practically the birthplace of almost all the religions, like Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, Taoism, Confucianism, Jainism, Sikhism.
– The Black Death, one of the most disastrous pandemic disease in human history, may have originated in Central Asia.
– Japan is one of the most radioactive places on the Earth.
– Like it was mentioned above, there is an extensive variety of languages used in Asia, but Mandarin Chinese is the world’s most spoken language.
– There are 8 Asian states that are a member of the United Nations, except for Palestine.
– Asia is home to both the highest and lowest points on Earth, Mount Everest, and the Dead Sea.
– Asia is also the home of many dangerous animals such as Indian (Asian) Cobra, Bengal Tiger, Asiatic Lion, Komodo Dragon, Sloth Bear, Malayan Pit Viper, Reticulated Python, and many others.
– China is the third largest country in the world but has an only one-time zone.
– Asia a country with a different population such as Russian Siberians, Indians in South East Asia, Iraqi Arabs, and New Guineans in the north of Australia.
– Asia is the birthplace of many old human civilizations such as The Summer civilization in Mesopotamia, The Indus Valley civilization in India.
– Asia is also the home of some of the largest (by population) cities in the world, Istanbul, Mumbai, Shanghai, Karachi, Beijing, Delhi, and Guangzhou.
– The Burj Khalifa, one of the tallest buildings in Dubai, is the tallest building in the world. Another tall buildings famous in the world and original from Asia are the Shanghai Tower and the Kingdom Tower.
– New South China Mall is the largest shopping mall in the world and shortly after it The Golden Resources Mall, The SM Mega Mall were built on the territory of Asia.
– North Korea is an atheistic country that does not celebrate Christmas, but the date of birth of presidents Kim II Sung’s wife Kim Jong Suk, December 24 instead.
– One very interesting fact about Asia is that over 4 000 children in China are named “Olympic Games”.